Meet the Owner!
Colin Hirsch, is a Special Education teacher, currently teaching 3rd through 5th grade in a classroom of students with different abilities in the public school system. Colin graduated from Evergreen State College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education. After graduating, he worked as a Behavioral Interventionist and sought additional training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy. While completing his Master’s Degree in Teaching, he worked as a Paraeducator with high school students and conducted a research case study focused on helping non-verbal students impacted with Autism, to use iPads with speech-generating devices. The students were able to increase their social interactions, while decreasing their aggressive or self-injurious behaviors.
Colin is a practicing musician (guitar and drums) and a highly motivated artist (Chinese calligraphy and painting). He has experience coaching track, baseball, disc golf, mindfulness, and Tai Chi. He loves traveling and is always happy to share his experiences.
Colin loves teaching and has always dreamed of creating a space where all children, of any ability, can learn and play in a safe, welcoming environment. We Rock the Spectrum in Federal Way is that dream come true!
Our Gym Includes:
- Suspended equipment with swings – for balance and vestibular treatment
- Crash mats and crash pillows – for fun, motor planning, and strength
- Zip line – for stress release and joint and body relaxation
- Trampoline – for building leg and core strength
- Indoor play structure – for climbing and increasing playground skills
- Sensory-based toys – for improved auditory processing and fine motor skills
- Fine Motor and Arts and Crafts Area – for improved hand-eye coordination